Tuesday 23 February 2010

A Quick Update on Day 9

I'm currently in rainy Liege, Belgium, about to head on towards more than likely rainy Luxembourg and probably my first night in the tent! It's going to be a shock after living an easy life up until now - after leaving my cousin and his family in the Netherlands I rode down towards Belgium where, after 94 miles, I met up with Peter from Couchsurfing and had a fantastic 2 nights staying at his place in Antwerp. There is definitely no better way to see a city than with a local, and Peter's guiding (not to mention hospitality) was fantastic - a great first experience. Leaving him I headed for Liege and the home of Denis up high in the city (after 88 miles this time) - whose workplace I'm currently writing from - and experienced yet more amazing hospitality. Dinner, shower, bed, route advice, breakfast, guiding through the city, internet use... It's hard to leave!

But I should, I guess - 1 week to Geneva.

Miles to date: 363

Hopefully I'll get chance for a more detailed post soon...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kris
    Just read your blog for the first time but will be keeping up with you all the way. Look forward to your next posting
    Love Jane & Bill

    ReplyDelete